Client Reporting Associate
Firm Profile and History
DCI is an independent asset management firm specializing in investment grade and high yield corporate credit strategies. The firm manages long-only and long/short strategies for some of the world's largest institutional and private wealth investors. DCI deploys a fundamental based, systematic approach seeking to exploit potential inefficiencies in the corporate credit markets. The firm offers daily dealing funds including regulated UCITS V compliant funds, offshore funds, onshore funds, and custom managed accounts.
The cofounders' achievements include the creation of the world's first equity index fund at Wells Fargo in 1971, cofounding Dimensional Fund Advisors in 1981 and cofounding KMV in 1989. While at KMV between 1989 and 2002, a group of DCI's founders and principals developed the world's first credit default probability model. This model was empirically shown to predict corporate defaults with more precision and accuracy than any previous methods. After Moody's acquired KMV, the team co-founded DCI in 2004 with the singular objective of creating well-diversified portfolios that seek to produce consistent, low-volatility alpha.
DCI is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on individual with an entrepreneurial mindset to join its Client Reporting team. The DCI Client Reporting team is the provider of account and firm-level information to all clients, consultants, prospects, distribution partners, custodian banks, regulators, and internal stakeholders.
The Client Reporting team is responsible for overseeing standardized monthly and quarterly client reports (e.g. fact sheets, quarterly reports, risk reports), DDQs/RFPs, client specific deliverables, fund documents (e.g. prospectus, supplements, annual audited financials, KIIDs), jurisdictional reporting, tax reporting, GIPS verification, and internal research reports (e.g. peer analysis and market research). The team is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and quality-control of information delivered internally and externally and works in tandem with Consultant Relations, Marketing and other teams within DCI.
The role involves producing and distributing all reporting, managing all related queries, and liaising across multiple internal departments to resolve production/service issues. In addition, the role is expected to work closely with other groups within DCI to establish and maintain an infrastructure and workflow that facilitates the timely delivery of information to clients, distribution partners, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Operations team to gain an in-depth understanding of the reporting requirements for each client, fund, and jurisdiction.
- Work with the internal team and external service providers on system development to support existing and new reporting requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert for reporting system setup, maintenance, processes and data workflows.
- Work with different data providers to ensure timely delivery of information with quality-controlled data.
- Populate consultant and third-party databases, ensuring data is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage data with distribution partners/platforms such as Allfunds and UBS Fondcenter.
- Apply detailed quality control checks on all reporting output, ensuring both accuracy and compliance with regulatory and business requirements.
- Maintain the standard DCI due diligence questionnaire (“DDQ”) and request for proposal (“RFP”) library.
- Work with the fund administrator to onboard clients, including KYC requirements.
- Assist consultant relations with reporting, questionnaires and ad hoc requests.
- Be attentive to internal and external client needs, build strong professional relationships to provide them with up-to-date information, and identify, anticipate and meet their evolving requirements.
- Assist with the annual GIPS compliance review and verification.
- Manage timeline and work with the fund administrator to coordinate semi-annual and annual financial statements along with subsequent reporting to various jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with the fund administrator and tax advisers on the publication of tax figures in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Coordinate updates and annual refresh of the KIIDS.
- Produce peer analysis and market research reports using a variety of sources, including eVestment Analytics.
- 3+ years' experience in financial services, ideally investment management
- Experience in client reporting or investor relations a plus but not required
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and an extendable skill set
- Interested in working in a startup like environment and the desire to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, eVestment, Bloomberg and other databases is preferred but not required
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
DCI offers attractive compensation and benefits. Compensation will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'Client Reporting Position'.
DCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
DCI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.