Firm Profile and History
DCI, LLC (DCI) is an investment management firm that specializes in managing systematically driven fixed income and alternative investment portfolios for institutional investors and private wealth advisors worldwide.
DCI targets superior risk-adjusted returns, primarily from portfolios of corporate credit assets, through the selection of individual securities. The principal driver of DCI’s strategies is its enhanced, dynamic proprietary default probability model which incorporates fundamental balance sheet information, real- time information embedded in equity and options markets, and a robust 30+ year database of over 30,000 historical defaults. DCI leverages its technology to produce timely risk and alpha forecasts for thousands of investments, which are monitored in real-time, providing early warning capabilities and a large universe from which to create portfolios.
DCI offers investors a diverse set of active and passive fixed income, credit, and alternative strategies, including Investment Grade Corporate Bond, High Yield Corporate Bond, Market Neutral Credit, Absolute Return Credit, Emerging Market Corporate, Core Bond, Multi-Sector Bond, and Short-Credit Strategies as well as bespoke portfolios, including Long Duration Corporate/Liability Driven Investments (LDI) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)/Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) driven strategies.
The primary focus of the job will be executing corporate bond and CDS trades across both investment grade and high yield markets. The candidate will also be expected to understand and ultimately manage rate, currency, and funding risks across multiple portfolios. The candidate will also be asked to contribute to the portfolio management team by developing and specifying technology tools and process enhancements for the desk.
Daily responsibilities include using portfolio management tools to identify relevant trades, assess market liquidity conditions and formulate execution strategies, and executing and booking transactions with a high degree of accuracy. The candidate will be expected to develop constructive relationships with sell- side counterparties, and to identify opportunities for improved trade execution. The candidate will be expected to interface internally with DCI’s technology, operations, research and data production teams, to be able to articulate and present to clients/prospects, and will ultimately be expected to contribute to strategy research and product development.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience with CDS and/or corporate bond execution but tangential domain expertise in rates products or emerging markets will also be considered.
- The candidate should embrace a quantitative investment approach where trade ideas are largely model-generated.
- The candidate will ideally have some database or coding experience and/or a finance, math, or computer science educational background.
- Prior experience with alpha signal generation and portfolio optimization is a plus.
- The candidate is enthusiastic, smart, curious, and eager to learn about DCI’s systematic approach to investment management.
- The candidate is a team player who is interested in working in a startup like environment.
- The candidate will have excellent decision making skills, and a focused attention to detail.
- The candidate will demonstrate a healthy respect for risk management and compliance and will adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- The ideal candidate is experienced with Bloomberg, MarketAxess and other trading platforms and has some experience with programming in Excel, SQL, Python or Java.
- The candidate will be based in San Francisco and is expected to work market hours (5:00am start time).
DCI offers attractive compensation and benefits. Compensation will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should contact email@example.com with subject line ‘Credit Trader Position’.
DCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
DCI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.